Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Danish Breeders' Cup 2016

On the 26th of June at my local racetrack the 2016 Danish Breeders' Cup was run. I figured I would share a few of my favorite shots from that day!

Karmastrikesback (Per-Anders Gråberg) wins the 2016 Danish Breeders' Cup!
There were a ton of amazing horses from all over Scandinavia running in the different races, and it made it even more fun to watch. It made a kind of bitter sweet that Karmastrikesback, trained in Norway, ended up winning the big one as he is by the best Danish sire Denmark has ever seen, Academy Award. He passed away in 2014 so he has very few active foals left. Whenever a foal of his wins, it always makes the win a little bit more special.
Karmastrikesback and Per-Anders Gråberg posing for a winning photo!
Not to toot my own horn, but I can't deny that I'm quite the betting queen. I hope someday my friends will stop the excuses and actually go with me, as they are guarenteed to leave with more money than they came with. How much more depends on how much they're brave to bet that I'm right.
Sea Commander (IRE) (Jan-Erik Neuroth) winning his maiden in the Trio Maidenløb over 2400 m
For people who don't follow racing, a few years back there was this amazing european racehorse called Sea The Stars, who won some of the biggest races in England, Ireland and France. Considering he only raced 9 times and won 8, it's pretty impressive that he travelled that much! He is currently a sire and I never thought I would ever see a foal of his in Denmark, as racing is not very big here. But I did! I watched the 3 year old Sea Commander (IRE) show an insane amount of speed to win his maiden race! Beautiful little dude.
Mont Rose was second in her second start!
The new batch of youngsters is showing a huge amount of talent considering their lack of experience. Mont Rose has had 2 starts and she has placed second both times. Her half sister, Godtnok, won the race by quite a few lengths. They're half sisters through their sire (father) called Appel Au Maitre.
Victoria Prada (FR)
She has never done anything impressive at the track, but she is so insanely beautiful! She also reminds me of my favorite racehorse called Rachel Alexandra. Rachel Alexandra was also the mare who got me interested in racing in the first place.
Eliot Ness (GB)
Eliot Ness (GB) may not have won his race, but he most definitley wins for one of the most stunning horses you will ever see. He's an 8 year old stunning stallion, and whenever he appears, he poses his butt off as you can see on this photo! In love with him as well!
Zamir (SWE)
I had never seen this horse before and sadly he did not place impressively in the race. Gotta earn some points for being a model, though! There's nothing like a beautiful chestnut amongst all the usual brown horses. Don't get me wrong, they're all beautiful, but the few "colorful" ones are stunners too.
Monte Carlo (Nikolaj Stott) won the Breeders' Cup Consolation!
I wanted to finish the post off with one of the most stunning grey horses you will ever see. Monte Carlo truly is a stunner, and he's also an amazing racer! He won the second big race on the card, the Breeders' Cup Consolation, a race for horses who were written up for the Breeders' Cup, but due to different reasons were added to this race instead. I figured I would end the blog post with a final beautiful photo of a beautiful horse!
Monte Carlo and Nikolaj Stott after their impressive win!


No comments:

Post a Comment