Sunday, May 12, 2013

Banana & Oat Pancakes

Hello my lovelies!

Since it's Mothers Day I decided to do a little something for my mom, and of course the rest of the family. I made some yummy breakfast! And best of all, it's a healthier choice! We were out of glutenfree oats, but they would be glutenfree if you were to make them with glutenfree oats (obviously).
I thought I'd share the recipe I found! It's super delicous and I added some pictures I took while cooking them up today ;)

So let's get started!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups rolled (or glutenfree) oats
  • 1 1/4 cups milk (I used hazelnut milk)
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoons maple syrup (or agave nectar)
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 egg
Here are the ingredients I used. I forgot to put the salt in the picture... of course! Typical me :P
Since I had just run out of vanilla extract, I used vanilla sugar. A good tip: use a vanilla bean instead ;)
They're really simple to make! Just add all ingredients, except the egg in a blender and let it blend until the mixture is lovely and smooth (meaning no banana chunks!).
A cheeky little picture of the ingredients in the blender. I thought it looked cool.... O:)
After the mixture has been blended to a completely smooth texture, add in the egg and blend, blend, blend!
Depending on how thick you want your pancake batter, blend for however long you want. If you want the classical thick American pancakes, blend it for about 3-5 minutes. You have to be able to pour the mixture, so if it's too thick just add some extra milk ;)
If you want the thinner pancakes (which I call Danish Pancakes) just add more milk so the mixture is runny and thin, but not so much that it splits of course.
I made mine more like the American pancakes. Let's face it; I'm a sucker for American yumminess ;)
Then it's time to cook these delicous pancakes! You can use either coconut oil or butter. I recommend using butter since it add this hint of nuttiness which is absolutely delicous! Coconut oil is very delicous to use as well so I recommend both! If you want to prevent your butter from burning (which results in burning your pancakes) add the butter and add a bit of coconut oil as well. This will give you the flavor from the butter and prevent it from burning :)
As you can see I used butter ;)

And the first pancake is on the pan! Fry my little baby, fry! :D
Let them cook on each side until they're lovely and have a golden finish ;)
It should be illegal showing you guys this godlike pancake...
The great thing about this batter is that, if it's made thick enough it doesn't break very easily.

And here is the finished stack! I ate one for tasting... I am sure you can make plenty more than I did from this recipe. I started out by making mine the size of a 1/3 cup but decided to make them 1/4 cups instead :)
That basically means I used a 1/3 and a 1/4 cup measurement to measure the amount of batter I used per pancake.
Here is the glorious stack!
I will recommend making a bowl of lovely fruits to go with your pancakes! I did so and it adds both beauty and nutrients to your lovely breakfast ;)
I used:
  • 2 apples
  • 2 bananas
  • 6 strawberries
You can add whatever your heart desires in a fruit salad! I highly recommend squeezing an orange or 2 over the fruit and let it sit overnight in the juice ;)

Just look at it! It speaks for itself :P

Toppings!
These are the toppings I recommend if you don't just want fruit on top. Maple syurp (use wisely! It contains a ton of sugar which kind of defeats the purpose), akacia honey (or agave nectar; the nectar tastes just like honey) or Sukrin. Sukrin is a natural alternative to sugar. It has 0 calories but tastes yummy! I strongly recommend this stuff since it's super great.

Just look at it...
And here is the finished result! I took a picture of my moms pancake since mine wasn't as presentable... hehe :P
It was SO yummy! You must go make them sometime soon or whenever you have time! It's seriously worth it!

A little update on me (if you're interested haha).
I have been sick for the past week meaning I haven't been able to go running or anything :(
So tonight I'm going to see if I feel well enough for a run. Otherwise I'll go tomorrow! It's important to listen to your body! :)
I will post a delicous dessert/snack recipe tomorrow! You're gonna go nuts for it I swear! :P

It was lovely writing another blog post, so until next time;
See you all laters!
Love,
Wolfie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment