Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Healthy ice cream


Hello my lovelies <3

Healthy ice cream say whaaaaaaaaaaat? Yup you read correctly! There is such a thing as healthy ice cream. It was become my regular snack on hot days and my dessert on weekends! It’s super delicious and super easy to make; so easy that I laughed a bit when I saw the recipe. I have only found out how to make banana ice cream so far, but if I find out how to make other kinds, I will let you know of course! I’m going to try test some different things out the next few weeks so stay tuned ;)
So in this post I’ll be talking about healthy banana ice cream.

I don’t even need to make an ingredients list. If it’s a snack then use 1 banana. If it’s a dessert then 1-2 bananas per person.

What to do:
  1. Cut the banana(s) into chunks. No need to finely cut it; big chunks are perfectly fine.
  2. Put the chunks in a container and then put it in the freezer. Let them stay in there until they’re as frozen as ice cubes. I let mine stay in the freezer for at least 5 hours or overnight.
  3. Take the chunks out and put them in a blender. Simply blend them until it has got the ice cream texture. If it doesn’t blend very well add very little water. The more you add, the more runny it becomes and it gets a smoothie texture and not an ice cream texture like we want ;)
  4. Eat it! If it’s a snack you can eat it with other fruit of your choice and if it’s a dessert, I eat it with chopped up pieces of 70% or darker chocolate. It’s absolutely divine either way :)

This is what the result should look like (if you decide to add chocolate of course) ;)
Just look at this yumminess! And so easy!

This is the chocolate I use when topping my ice cream ;)
Super yummy!
This morning I went for a run and the idiot I am, I forgot my keys in the apartment so I locked myself out... Silly me. Anyways, I went for my run and I have improved SO much since I started! I ran nearly the entire 4 km and I only took 3 breaks; each being about 2-2½ minutes long. I'm really proud, especially considering I haven't gone running since the 6th of May because I've been sick.
After finally getting into my apartment after waiting for my mom to get home, I took a shower and then it was time for breakfast. Yesterday I made some pancakes (the ones I've already posted the recipe of; there's a link to them here). Mainly so I had some breakfast today. But I thought I'd top them off with something different than the usual boring toppings. So I thought to myself, why not top them with some of the ice cream? It's healthy after all ;)
And here is the result of that! I added water to the blender when blending the bananas and it turned into a very cold smoothie haha :P
But it was SO yummy!
The not to presentable food but what the heck? It was too good!

So that was it for this post but I'm hoping to write some more this week! :)
I have a busy weekend coming up. No school until Tuesday next week! So I have plenty of time for morning runs again! I'm going to a racing stable one of the next upcoming days in the morning which I'm super excited about. Lots of horseracing this week! ;)


See you all very soon!
Love,
Wolfie <3


1 comment:

  1. ayee i just found the comment section :D
    anyways continue writing!! <3

    ReplyDelete